Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The Filipino Barong Makes Me Proud

In attending all the conferences of the United Nations, I wore the Filipino barong. I brought many of them primarily because it is very comfortable, light, not bulky, and formal. I never expected that it will be so popular for the foreign delegates here in the conference. I notice that wherever I pass, the barong would always make people stop for a while and look at the barong or it will make heads turn just to have one more look at it. Everyday, at least twice, I will be approached and ask what dress I am wearing or for them to confirm if it is the Filipino national dress. It made me proud. I realized now what "power dressing" means. Yes, most of the time, the man makes the dress. But the dress can also make the man! The barong definitely makes a Filipino man! I am proud of it. We must be proud to wear it.

No comments: