Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Countdown to 50! Where is Emil?

Seventy-four days na lang pala bago ang aking 50th birthday. Malapit na pala akong maging "golden boy"! To many who know this, I always tell them to "surprise me". What is in being "50"? Is it really a lot different? Di naman katulad ng senior citizen na meron ng 20% discount sa maraming commodities. Well, at least, it is an achievement. That will be the day when I can tell myself, I had gone through life. Malayu-layo na rin ang narating. For whatever it is, I am already very thankful to God for having given me this life, 50 or not 50. I can remember fully and clearly the times when I could not have reached this point of my life. When I was about seven, I fell from our window in the 2nd floor of our house. I was dead when my father saw me. He did not panic. Immediately he tried to revive me. I regained consciousness. Thanks to him. Then, when I was in high school,I nearly got drowned in Mariveles, Bataan. We crossed the sea to picnic at the other side. While we were having our picnic, sand (20 ft mountain high) was taken from the sea right on the path we would take on our way back. Not expecting that hollowed part, I felt myself going down bottom level. .I did not know how to swim. Emil, one of our companions (a native of Mariveles Bataan) dived to save me. I owe my life to him.

I thank God for the gift of life. I pray that He will continue to guide me. I know He loves me. I know He cares for me. I hope I can be equally faithful and loving! I hope I can make this life worthy of His generosity!

No comments: