Thursday, January 8, 2009

Yeah...It's Me!


Quite a number of people had not seen me with my long hair. Even those who had seen me with it had not seen me in pictures. Here is one of those pictures. It was taken by professionals, Ryan Vergara and Pia Garovillo, the night before the Solemn Dedication of the new church (August 1, 20) I got this pair of long sleeves shirt to match the "ruggedness" of my look. This was taken at the entrance of the parish memorial chapel (he he he). 

I was instructed to have a serious look away from the camera. What was I thinking about here? Many! But most of them were about the difficulties we experienced in raising the funds and building the church which finally will be blessed the next day! This was taken not for any particular purpose in relation to the dedication but for posterity sake. Nico Garcia, Margaux Salcedo, and Goldie Salcedo were also there to give moral support!

There were other photos taken in one of the side doors of the new church. Many times I had asked a copy from Pia but she always forgets! (Talaga ba? Baka lang gusto mong gamitin later pag may higher value na! Ha ha ha ha.). But I am still hoping....hoping....hoping!

Anyway, I was glad the picture was taken. At least I have a picture to remember that time when I decided not to cut my hair until the church is built. I started it July 2006 until July 2007. I really did not realize it will create a lot of impact to the people. Somehow, the "gimmick" was very helpful in rallying the people to immediately raise the money needed to build the new church.

And by the way, there was no camera trick here. The hair was what it was. My face was my face. I hope my tummy was not mine, but it was!

4 comments:

Margaux Salcedo said...

Not just a role model! =)

Nongnong said...

Ha ha ha. What? A rolling model?

Nongnong said...

Ha ha ha. What? A rolling model?

Nongnong said...

Ha ha ha. What? A rolling model?