Saturday, May 3, 2008

The New St. Alphonsus Church Tabernacle

The tabernacle we are now using in the church was not the one originally designed. The original design was not done because of its details and difficulty in its mechanism. It looked very good but the constructor was not able to deliver. It became a problem for us. Fortunately, I saw the old tabernacle placed in the second floor altar. When I saw it, I said, it was perfect! So, I asked for it to be placed in the new church. Lo and behold, it is perfect. It adds to the theme of the "old and the new". The finish was already defective, but I felt it was just what we needed. Unfortunately, it was polished and lost its original rusted look. In any case, the tabernacle found its rightful place in the church and the new church was just lucky to have found it.

No comments: